I have a job at the store here!! I think what made me want to job is that i finally realized Im not going to be "babied" anymore. I have to take over for my responsibilities now, and be a bit more mature. Another reason would be that my sisters and siblings/ parents kept asking me that i should get a job after school, because Im always saying i wish i had money for that. So, they really motivated me.
I was suppose to wait for her after work to file out the application, but I was to anxious so i went and got it after school. I only had to wait 2 hours, but i was so excited it probably would of taken forever. and filed it out a few days later i had to fill out more paperwork. Finally, i started that day on friday.
I decided to work at the store because i didn't know where else to work for an after school job. Another thing would be my brother said that i should I'm really good at hand work. I wouldn't want to work with the people are barely know since its my first job i wanted to feel more comfortable about my co-workers. Next idea, it seemed really easy to learn all the basics about stocking and bagging. Last, but not least, i wanted to have fun while i am getting paid to do it.
The training that i had to go through was my brother Jared teaching me how to stock. First, you have to play tetris with the boxes or whatever on to the cart. Then we would have to go up on the elevator, and go in the idle you were going to stock. Take it out look at the bar code and the date to make sure it wasn't old already. Next you look at the price tag to make sure the 4 digit numbers are correct.
Then you have to stack them in a way. Like, from right to left and by the dates. It took me a long time to get that right so the first time i was probably just doing it any old way. Then one day i was a shadow over Binni watching her cashier. It seems really hard to get all the technics down.
My responsibilities are that i have a good attitude with my co-workers and the costumers. I can not wear any kind of tight clothing i guess. Another thing is that I have to dress properly, but not like business. I can not bring any drama to work or at work. I have to be a hard worker and never quit doing anything. Another thing is that I have to be on time.
What I like about my job is that it wasn't really that hard to get the hang of. The next thing is that I have my brother by my side to watch or help me. Since its like my only second week. Another reason would be Its fun putting stuff on to the cart and stocking them. On Saturday they kept throwing stuff at me to tests my skills i bet!
But i was really scared because i was on a little ladder and i stacking paper towels downstairs on to this high shelf. It was making me sweat a little bit, because I'm scared of heights. I like that it wasn't so hard to get to know everybody, and learning how to do everything. Another thing is that i couldn't reach up there onto the shelf.
The good things about making your own money is that you can buy your own clothes from the store, but it like costs a lot here. Why i say that because its weird that we have skinny jeans and cute shirts at the store, and I've been really wanted to get them so bad. I saw a couple pairs of levi skinny jeans that are really cute that i want to get. They have this cute blue shirt that I want. I really need some pants and shirts though.
Another good thing about getting money is that you can buy the food you want. For instance, i can buy me a bag of chips and some salsa. Thats like that mainly thing i like to eat, because its so tasty! Next, i love eating healthy stuff to like salads, mmm sandwiches, and everything you have to put in a salad. I can buy myself some drinks like that sobe mango fruit, and some energy drinks. These are the good things that come out of making your own money.
No comments:
Post a Comment