Thursday, October 9, 2014

BERING SEA WEEK

       Today,  i went reindeer hunting. That was my first time experiencing reindeer hunting, so my best friend and I were being really mischievous. The teacher, well the leader almost told our teacher to take us back to the bus, because we were laughing to loud i guess. But, he told him that we would be quite from now on, which we were. Then, when we had to go crawling to get closer to the reindeer, they made us stay back because we were wearing bright jackets. But, they gave a choice to take our jackets off, which we didn't want to because it was really cold, and windy. So, we hung out by the sled for awhile, because everyone just left us. And, our teacher was trying to say that he didn't leave us at all, which that is not true. He kept going with the class, and left us by ourselves unattended. So, we went back to the van, and after we came back from the school, we had to talk to our principal about what happened, and she didn't listen to what i had to say, she just said answer her question. Her question was did you leave to go back to the bus? I said yes. I tried to tell her that our teacher left us unattended because your not suppose to leave us like that.
       So, Tuesday, we had a choice to work in study hall with anna, or work in the library. I decided to work in the library so I can get my online class done. I'm like way behind in that class, because being out in anchorage, and didn't get started on it till the next week i was here. You know why? Because my teacher took that long to get me a user name and password. So i worked on that all morning until snack time. So, now, I'm working I'm blogger, which i need to do for last week too, Im so sad that i missed last week. I wasn't even thinking at that time. I think that we have to be in the library all day, catching up on things. I'm all caught up on rest of my classes, except I have to do a blog about last week.
       Thursday morning was a really gross morning. But, at 8, it was alright because we were working with seth. Later, we dissected a kittiwake, and cleaned it. The kittiwake that I had a really strong smell to it. I probably gaged like 20 times. But, i was like no, you have to experience this. So i still kept cutting the stomach open, cut the stomach from the rest of the body parts. Next, i had to get the lungs and heart detached. Last, but not least the liver, but it was already done when I cut everything else off. The next part i had to was the worst. I grabbed the intestines and started pushing everything down from the insides, and it was so gushy. In the stomach their was like sand i think, and some sea shells, bits and pieces.   After, we had to gather everything that we got out of the bacterial water from inside the intestines, drain it, and put all the stuff that was in it, in a ziploc bag.
     For the next morning, i think I'm just going to be working on class stuff, such as my  blog. That's all that I have to catch up on, i hope. I know you guys probably think that I'm a very boring blogger, but the thing is that i really dont know how to use or anything. So, basically i just type what i did or whats on my mind. Whats on my mind right now is that I want to go home and just relax till i have to go back to the school. It's totally weird that we are having bering sea days in the beginning of the school year. But, its probably because we have a new superintendent. I kind of liked it being at the end of the school year, rather than now. Its way to windy to be outside in the fall. Well, the end of fall. Also, i heard that its because of the weather at the end of the school, but i think the weather is better later, than now.

No comments:

Post a Comment